– See Your FAQ!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
On this page, you will see a list of frequently asked questions about our services and our business. If you have a question that you can’t find in the below list, you can contact us right now!
See The List of Frequently Asked Questions Below
Frequently Asked Questions
First Canadian Construction Corp. gets calls daily from homeowners and people who want to build new custom homes. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions and their answers.
What Is the Difference Between Regular Homes and Custom Homes?
Custom homes are different from traditional houses in terms of flexibility and quality. Regular or standard homes have limited options for materials, designs, sizes, etc. With our custom homes, you can have anything you can imagine. The best thing about a custom house is that you know you can design and build a home the way you always wanted.
What Is the Main Process of Building a Custom Home in Canada?
Our custom home-building process has four primary stages, each with various steps and pitfalls. Never believe if anyone tells you that building a custom house is easy. However, the reward you get after completing the project is worth the challenge. The process that we have planned for building your custom homes involves the stages below:
1. Real Estate: We help you find and buy the perfect lot.
2. Design Custom Home: In this stage, we will understand how you want your dream home to look, function, and feel.
3. Building Permits: We will obtain the city’s permission to build your custom house.
4. Construction: Our professional team will build your dream house.
Does Firstco Offer Management Services?
First Canadian Construction Corp. offers fully managed services. Our team will take care of everything so you can focus on things that matter more to you.
How Long Does It Take to Design and Build a Custom Home?
If you already have land to build, the process of allowing for the design, house permits, and construction will generally take about one and a half years. However, small custom home construction will take less time.
It is important to know that you can expect a longer timeline for your project if:
• You seek exemptions from local building regulations.
• Your construction project is close to a conservation area or subject to heritage restrictions.
• Your custom home project is more extensive or complex than standard custom homes.
How Much Does It Cost to Make a Custom House?
This question is easy to ask, but the answer is way more complicated than it seems. If you want custom house building cost estimation, don’t hesitate to contact us and tell us about your preferences, materials, design taste, etc., and we will give you an assessment.
How Big of a Custom House Can I Build?
The size of the custom home you want to build depends on the local building codes and regulations, which vary from one location to the next. Generally, the local laws dictate that the maximum amount of property you can build your custom home in is 27-35% of the total property area.
What Sets Firstco Custom Homes Apart from Other House Builders?
Here are three things that set Firstco apart from other house builders and custom home contractors.
1. Decades of Experience in Building Custom Houses
2. Reputation Based on High-Quality Services
3. Trust and Good Relation Ship with Our Clients